Author Topic: Last night........  (Read 3552 times)

uttoxeter pilgrim

• View Profile
Last night........
« on: October 05, 2011, 10:07:43 AM »
Well where to start this was my 1st game this season since Guiseley in the playoffs last year with me living away this was only a 20 min journey for me however what a waste of a 20 min journey.

We looked evey bit a team at kidsgrove level. Yes there 2nd goal was a fantastic long range strike but bazza made a couple of saves in the 1st half to keep it a 2 nil.

But the 2 things which stood out for me our centre defender number 6 tall young lad blonde hair whether it was just last night but he was clueless absolutely off the pace and positionally he was all over the place, when retrieving the ball towards the end of the 1st half he looked knackered. The next thing is Jason Lee not as the manager but as a player, it was literally 50/50 if he won a header or gave away a free kick by raising his arms his footbaling days are long gone and whilst he may be trying to do a job for the team if thats all we have lord help us.

Make no mistake we weren't unlucky last night we barely threatened on goal and kidsgrove deserved there win but by heck was we poor andby heck have we gone off the boil since that playoff game.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Last night........
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 10:43:42 PM »
sorry uttoxeter pilgrim but IMO this is the type of post which should be  banned or deleted from this site-although I appreciate that everybody has an opinion and is entitled to post it.......However this is my opinion......

I assume that the "tall young blond hair lad" to whom you are referring to is Nathan Stainfield....this lad I think was making his first full start for United,having made his debut as a goal scoring substiute a week or so earlier at York Street.
He is 22 years of age,still learning his trade at this level and needs ENCOURAGEMENT not critiscm to help him on his way.
For goodness sake theres enough negative stuff being written about the club at present,us true supporters need to offer our support to any new players,such as Stainfield,that we manage to attract to the club.

As regards JL,perhaps thats the best we have at present.....the club is in a period of transition and we should be grateful that we actually have a club to follow and support.....

UP THE PILGRIMS...

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 10:49:32 PM »
Stainfield I think was recruited to help out the reserves.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 10:50:35 PM »
Good sentiment Johnny Pilgrim. We need positive people on here.  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 11:09:33 PM »
Stainfield played a couple of weeks ago and was absolutely knackered for the last 20 minutes which, I understand is why he was loaned out to work on his fitness. I'm very surprised he was brought back so early because he needed longer to get fit. I recall saying after that game that he deserved great credit because despite being out on his feet he kept going and probably tried harder than some players who appear regularly for us. I also said I think he's one for the future for us.
Got to agree with JP about JL. He probably is the best we've got at the moment which isn't a compliment to his player selection abilities because wasn't he the one, along with Canners, who put the team together at the start of the season.
Until we get someone who can impress us up front and get us some goals the negativity will continue.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 09:55:02 AM »
Stainfield wouldn't have played had White not been ill, or Ward and Parker not been injured. It was him, or Big Jase at the back...

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »
Fantastic, played really well, everyone tried their hardest, it will went according to plan.

Go to every game, been supporting the club for over 50 years so am the only one allowed to comment, because I am a true supporter. Thick or thin me, am there.

Seenbetter

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 10:48:47 PM »
I rode a camel once, it was in the Sahara desert. Started by holding on with both hands 'cos of the rocking about. After a short while felt confident enough to hold on with only one hand. A little while later I was like Lawrence of Arabia. Hands free had nothing to do with mobile phones. Galloping across the sand like I was in the Derby. Then it shot off down a steep sand dune and I fell off the bloody thing. I suppose you' re expecting something to do with Boston United now to finish the story, well there isn't. Seeing Dubai Camels name on here just reminded me of my adventure and I thought I would share it with you. Hope I haven't give you the hump.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »
One hump or two?  ???