Author Topic: Stones  (Read 8071 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stones
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 09:31:36 AM »
For gods sake give Stones a break, this patter site is getting more like the grumpy old gits on the Muppet show looking down and criticising every one,  no wonder the players cant do it at home with every one  on there backs all the time. How would you lot like it if your foreman or supervisor was on your back all day at work niggling and picking every thing you do. I am not saying he is the best striker in the world but at least he is trying to do his best and I for one praise him for that. Its easy for you lot out there sitting behind your computers typing in some of the garbage that comes on here,"buy this player get rid of that player  he s a disgrace he s not worthy"We can all run a football club sat here behind our computer screens yapping and moaning at everything that doesn't go right,But this is the real world, times are tough out there and its time some of us woke up to that fact, Just show the guy a bit more respect please,  ok rant over.

Good post LL - glad they've found you at last!
United we stand..................

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 09:34:48 AM »
We've been down this alley before... Lee, Graeme Jones, Davidson, Elding, Broughton, Logan, Battersby... we've never liked our big strikers and people have never appreciated what they bring to the game. 
Dene Cropper!

I did think of him, but to be fair, I couldn't see what he brought to the game...... until he played against us. >:(

It's not just us that do it either, I've been going to the England games for a good few years and some of the abuse aimed at Crouch and Heskey was exactly the same.

Crouch 42 Caps 22 Goals and very rarely gave the ball away,  but still he was the butt of all the jokes from the crowd for not winning every ball pumped 60yds in the air.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 09:46:15 AM »
Stones' confidence is eroded by the moaners, and then he misses chances that normally he would score.
A sorry state of affairs.
 :-\

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
Fact is that he wasn't even good enough for UCL that's why he played for Sleaford Res! But he cheap! If he was full of confidence he still wouldn't be good enough! About time the managers signed a proper forward.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 11:08:12 AM »
Fact is that he wasn't even good enough for UCL that's why he played for Sleaford Res! But he cheap! If he was full of confidence he still wouldn't be good enough! About time the managers signed a proper forward.

HERE HERE

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »
mmmmm you even post the same thing,(isn’t copy and paste easy) it was a bit tongue in cheek my earlier comment about the two grumpy  men characters on the muppet show  not so sure now ?, but hey if that was both of you offering funding to buy us that magic new striker well then I take it all back, no? Thought not, Oh and it now seems  I  may be a member of the “happy clappers” as I happen to have a different opinion  to one or two  of you  on here, That’s fine by me  where do I get the Tee shirt from I will wear it with pride,    ;D ;D ;D(clap clap clap) ;D ;D ;D
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 05:47:12 PM »
Since when was Ricky Miller a big striker? I

just thought  I would throw a name into the hat:)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 06:21:28 PM »
Funding! Season ticket holder costing nearly £200.The Chairman has cut the budget slighty.Let's start cutting more then? Ditch the sub Holsgove and save on petrol expenses.One manager on the bench the other on the pitch if they could be bothered to play!

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »
I had a season ticket in the main stand for years. I stopped having one a couple of seasons ago due to me not being able to afford one. I'm pleased to say i never bought one for this season, i'd be bloody disappointed if i had.

I feel sorry for the Chairman, Neil and Cookie, all have worked hard to put this club back on track. I hope they don't give up now and we end up without a Boston United.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?