Author Topic: a few FACTS....  (Read 3302 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
a few FACTS....
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:43:23 PM »
> We have scored one goal (an own goal at that against the mighty Vauxhall Motors) in 4 home games.
>We are over run in every game in midfield....yet today we only played 2 in the middle again.
>We played 2 centreforwards today vs Solihull,and thaey both cancelled each other out.
>Our best ,sharpest goalscorer, Newsham,is wasted in my opinion in midfield.
>Our 2 full backs must be the lightest ever in Conference history.
>Our players are being mis managed.
>We aint good enough by a mile.

It needs sorting out.....................

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: a few FACTS....
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:50:48 PM »
Can't argue with much of that to be honest.

What the hell does Suarez actually do - he can't run, he can't head it, he can't hold the ball up - I thought that Stones played better than he did!!!!

Chris Hall has always been an attacking midfielder/striker - why are we playing him deep in a holding role?  If we need a defensive midfielder FFS SIGN ONE!!!! In a team that has so few goals in it, why isn't he playing further forward???

Newsham is the only striker that we have capable of scoring, and he is shunted out of the front line for two players not fit to lace his boots.

Totally totally baffling.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:14:18 PM »
We've scored two home goals.....Newsham v Histon and the OG v Vauxhall.

The 4 home games should have been a minimum 8 points, possibly 10. We've got 2.

I did warn about this all summer and was shot down.......my stance remains as it was all summer long, we took the cheap option with these two, then stuck prices up across the board under the justification of 'rising costs'.

Those costs will be massive when we're down to 3 figure gates next month after we go out of the FA Cup. Admit your mistake now David and get rid before the season goes from disappointment to calamity.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »

I did warn about this all summer and was shot down.......my stance remains as it was all summer long, we took the cheap option with these two, then stuck prices up across the board under the justification of 'rising costs'.

Those costs will be massive when we're down to 3 figure gates next month after we go out of the FA Cup. Admit your mistake now David and get rid before the season goes from disappointment to calamity.

You think its gonna take that long to hit 3 figures. 1000 Max next game. The amount that passed me 10 min before the end saying that was it took a lot of counting

boggy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »
Can't argue with much of that to be honest.

What the hell does Suarez actually do - he can't run, he can't head it, he can't hold the ball up - I thought that Stones played better than he did!!!!

Chris Hall has always been an attacking midfielder/striker - why are we playing him deep in a holding role?  If we need a defensive midfielder FFS SIGN ONE!!!! In a team that has so few goals in it, why isn't he playing further forward???

Newsham is the only striker that we have capable of scoring, and he is shunted out of the front line for two players not fit to lace his boots.

Totally totally baffling.

Didn't like the 2 biggies up front idea last 20 mins last week, so don't know why we started with it today-just does'nt work.
When Milns went on I would have taken Suarez off and pushed Hall up with Newsham-it would have given Solihull something different to deal with.
Mind you we would have needed to start plaing football on the ground. 

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »

yeah sorry about that error...forgot about that one.

I DO THINK HOWEVER THAT THE SITUATION WE FIND OURSELVES IN IS RETREAVABLE.
But I do think that our managers are either out of their depth or there is something drastically wrong as regards team spirit in the camp......

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 10:35:32 PM »
It is so easy to say I am right.

Let's think, the start of the season goes well and your prediction is so! Well done.
Or, it goes less well! And you said the new management are shite! You have an equal chance
of being right?  Then just soak up the praise whichever way! Always a good bet. Prove me wrong!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:37:58 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Bob Lee

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »
cheer up Linscum lost ;D