Author Topic: Retained list  (Read 2253 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Retained list
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:56:49 AM »
Surely the retained list can't be far away now with one or two of the players decisions becoming public. Lee (the Cannovile variety) stated that excluding Church and Pearson 80% of the players have  agreed to stay. Semple and Bazza have already stated that they will be staying and Dudfield has said he will be leaving.  80% of the other 11 players offered deals leaves two of three going elsewhere. I'd go for for possibly Sleath and Murphy possibly joining Grimsby or anther full-time club unfortunately.
Another player who may not want to stay is Austin who possibly lives up north somewhere with Darlington being his previous club and may not have been offered the best of deals with older players being more.prone to injuries. Alot ifs and buts, but I can see the club having a lot of work to do in the transfer market.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Retained list
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:42:03 AM »
Austin lives in Sheffield, as far as I know. A popular home for United players!

I think we'll be waiting for them to commit on paper, rather than announcing that they have agreed terms only for them to be offered better elsewhere and go...

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Retained list
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:41:44 PM »
Might be a week or two yet before we hear much. 
A few of our players are students, so will presumably have exams.  Otherwise, players often go on holiday as soon as the season ends + you've got the logistics of getting the paperwork signed by players who live 1-2 hours drive away, and I wouldn't expect us to confirm that anyone is staying until they've actually signed.