Author Topic: Chairman's interview...  (Read 3880 times)

Joe65

• View Profile
Chairman's interview...
« on: March 26, 2011, 09:37:07 PM »
this posted on @scottydalton twitter account....what a superb chairman...
AUDIO: David Newton part one http://goo.gl/1fZVp and part two http://goo.gl/u9aub
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:40:02 PM by Joe65 »

Old yellow

• View Profile
Re: Chairman's interview...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:59:19 AM »
Now that papers have been served, i suspect Fenty will be prepared to talk compo, but on a lesser scale than we require until some agreement is reached and that this will never go to court.

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:45:31 AM »
don't know much about rules and regulations so perhaps someone can explain

why are the relevant football authorities allowing rob and paul to manage grimsby when they are still contracted to boston - surely this contravenes some sort of regulation

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 03:06:11 PM »
The main problem I think is that there are very clear and explicit FA rules relating to approaches made to players. The rules relating to managers do not seem to be specifically identified and detailed.

Therefore it will be law relating to contracts that is being followed up - this doesnot necessarily exclude action being taken by the FA.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:09:56 PM »
Surely the new chant has to be - We'll sue the Cods, we'll win the league, we're going up win Canners and Lee  ;)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10417~2325701,00.html

The Royal Mail do their job to completion at least.  Don't duck out and take a parcel elsewhere a few miles from the destination.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
After contacting the Conference re the resignations/poaching I received the following reply

Dear Mr *****,
The Conference is aware of these appointments but is not party to any contractual arrangements between Clubs and Managers.

I believe this is an employment matter between the Managers and their employer, and perhaps a civil matter which Boston United FC may chose to pursue.

The General Manager
The Football Conference

So it looks like the Conference is not going to get involved.

Seenbetter

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 08:19:59 AM »
Not likely to get involved unless they are going to get something out of it. Fenty is squirming a bit looking to muddy the waters. I don't see DN had any need to talk compensation because he didn't give them permission to talk to Rob Scott so whats the point. I really do hope that Rob Scott and 'Lord Charles' lose their case in court. I can't see DN putting good money into something he's not sure about.