Author Topic: David Newto interview online  (Read 7510 times)

Joe65

• View Profile
David Newto interview online
« on: March 22, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »

Scroll down and there is a link to David Newton interview from BBC Lincs on this article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/9432740.stm

Sounds like David tried to deal with it in a dignified way, but Rob and Paul didn't see it that way and thought club was standing in their way.

Timing terrible, but wish them well, although I don't think Grimsby is best move for them.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: David Newto interview online
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 06:22:14 PM »
one fact if the dont like moaners and expectation they wont like the cod heads

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »
Scott and Hurst have a very good win record at Boston, and everyone should know Rob Scott is a poor loser and doesn't take criticism well.

By all accounts the players at Grimsby are all on contracts for another year, so he is stuck with them.

Will be interesting to see how Scott takes to losing more games and how he copes with the criticism from the fans.  He also needs to grow up and not get into arguments with the opposing management & coaching staff when his team is losing.   He did this in the latter part of the game on Saturday and also against Gainsborough on New Year's Day.

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:18:18 PM »
Scott and Hurst have a very good win record at Boston, and everyone should know Rob Scott is a poor loser and doesn't take criticism well.

By all accounts the players at Grimsby are all on contracts for another year, so he is stuck with them.

Will be interesting to see how Scott takes to losing more games and how he copes with the criticism from the fans.  He also needs to grow up and not get into arguments with the opposing management & coaching staff when his team is losing.   He did this in the latter part of the game on Saturday and also against Gainsborough on New Year's Day.

I temporarily moved from spain road to the FI stand on saturday and was frankly disgusted at the way Scotty was speaking to the Harrogate bench. I couldn't hear what was getting flung back at him but I'd hope it wasn't unprovoked, otherwise he truly is an appalling man with no respect for others (regardless of how I feel bout him after todays news).

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:27:29 PM »
Just listen to the interview. What a totally professional attitude this man has.

Scott and Hurst will soon be old news. We will survive without them, but David Newton is what Boston United is about. I wonder how many other chairmen carry so much support and respect from fans.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 09:27:53 PM »

I temporarily moved from spain road to the FI stand on saturday and was frankly disgusted at the way Scotty was speaking to the Harrogate bench. I couldn't hear what was getting flung back at him but I'd hope it wasn't unprovoked, otherwise he truly is an appalling man with no respect for others (regardless of how I feel bout him after todays news).

I too was in the FI stand at the front to the right of the dug outs and I could lip read some of what he said,no idea what Harrogate bench were saying as they had their backs to me,but there were a lot of words beginning with F being voiced towards the H bench..

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:34:09 PM »
spot on chris47.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:38:26 PM »

I too was in the FI stand at the front to the right of the dug outs and I could lip read some of what he said,no idea what Harrogate bench were saying as they had their backs to me,but there were a lot of words beginning with F being voiced towards the H bench..

During the Gainsborough match when we were losing, Scott had a dig at Brian Little's goatie beard.   It was embarrasing and made Scott look a fool.    In fact Brian Little turned to the FI fans and said Your manager is an embarrassment to Boston United - and I wasn't the only person there to agree with him.   A few weeks ago at another match, someone from the back of the stand shouted down - "get some defenders" - to which Scott turned round and if looks could kill said "put your hand in your pocket".....

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »
It's always been obvious that if we weren't BUFC fans watching Scott make BUFC teams win a lot of football matches, we'd dislike him a lot... To be honest his touchline conduct is far worse than anything I ever saw from a certain predecessor. Still, him and Hurst have worked miracles in the time they've been here so I can wish them the best and understand their reasons for leaving although it looks like some politics needs sorting out. From the looks of that Tweet by Semps on Twitter the players might be a bit shocked/annoyed with them as well, so hopefully they won't be poaching too many, and Canners/Jason Lee are definitely appointments that should keep the players onside.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 04:56:03 AM »
Out of all of this David Newton once again displays a dignified, professional manner - maybe because he is not a football man, many of whom believe their own publicity and do not know how to behave and conduct themselves as they don't see the big picture, they think it is all about them.

One day Mr Scott might see this -  perhaps after he is sacked he might have time to reflect.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 12:45:07 PM »
I used to have a boss who introduced his deputy as the man who smoothed things over when the boss had upset someone - I see Scott-Hurst working in a similar way. 

Before the Harrogate game, Paul Hurst had quite a long chat with Simon Weaver by the dugouts, which is unusual to see before the match.  In the second half, Scott and someone from the Harrogate bench are going at it and the linesman calls the ref over. 

I get the feeling that the more pressure they come under, the more peace-making Paul Hurst might have to do!

I'd echo what everyone else has said about David Newton - not only is he running the club the right way, but he is one of us, a supporter of the team, not just someone who shuts himself away in the boardroom.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
Whilst not disputing that Rob Scott was always ready to argue during the game with people he shouldn't, I was always impressed in post-match interviews he seemed reluctant to hold referees responsible for bad results. For instance last year at Kendal when the ball was over the line and the goal wasn't given, he didn't go on about, unlike other managers (and I don't just mean Evans) would have. Also for all his touchline shouting, we did well in the Fair Play league last year. He didn't transmit his attitude to the players, unlike the fat one.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »
Its funny how attitudes change. When I called Rob Scott on here for his behaviour on the touchline in the pre-season game against Sheffield, I was basically told I was an idiot and was trying to stir up trouble.

Now suddenly no one liked his behaviour!   :D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 07:47:13 PM »
I think it's a case of whilst he was with us, he may have been a mouthy c*nt, but he was our mouthy c*nt who was good at his job. Now he's a mouthy c*nt working for somebody else...

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »
To be honest Rob Scott's arguing never worried me - I just wanted a separate point and didn't want cloud the issue by challenging those who were bothered by his behaviour