Author Topic: Reserves Today  (Read 4860 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reserves Today
« on: March 12, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »
Another fine win for the reserves :)

CGB Humbertherm 1 v  6 Boston United Reserves

N.Rawdon  A.Shinn  M.Stones(4)

Little Chip

• View Profile
Re: Reserves Today
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 09:42:02 PM »
I have watched the Reserves a few times this year, and i'm surprised that the lad Stones has not been given a chance on the bench with the first team, he keeps scoring, looks a big lad and has done well when i've seen him. Maybe for 15-20 minutes coming off the bench, he could cause a problem or two for defences?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 10:08:41 PM »
Can't see that happening! How many first teamers have actually played in the reserves this season?

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 10:12:03 PM »
Can't see that happening! How many first teamers have actually played in the reserves this season?

Are they needed though?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 11:01:56 PM »
I see the reserves have a couple of Tuesday night games coming up. Be nice to get a decent attendance at each

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 11:10:23 PM »
I didn't say about first team players playing in the Reserves. I agree we should try and get a few more down watching they have been good value this season.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 11:19:11 PM »
The problem is the gap between the first team and the reserves is massive.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 09:22:17 AM »

Does this mean the reserves are a bit of a drain on the clubs finances? Besides which we do have a second reserve team - they're called Stamford FC  :P

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 09:26:47 AM »

Does this mean the reserves are a bit of a drain on the clubs finances? Besides which we do have a second reserve team - they're called Stamford FC  :P

The reserves are self funding :)

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 10:10:31 AM »
I would say that the Reserves are self funding, I think that Cookie put something down about them being self funding. Yes the gap is massave between the Reserves and first team (leagues) but if the  players are not tried you will never know, also as this season has progressed more of the youth lads have come into the Reserves, which can only be a positive for the club.

Bostons Arab Buyer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »
I would say that the Reserves are self funding, I think that Cookie put something down about them being self funding. Yes the gap is massave between the Reserves and first team (leagues) but if the  players are not tried you will never know, also as this season has progressed more of the youth lads have come into the Reserves, which can only be a positive for the club.

Your right. The reserves isn't just for players to go on to play for the first team, which would be nice, it is also to bridge the gap between Under 18's and men's football, which is a big jump.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 11:23:39 AM »

This is where the future lies. The more youth teamers we can get in the reserves and playing well the better

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 11:36:43 AM »
I'm glad to read that the reserves are self funding, as for the youngsters I believe James Tricks has played and scored for the reserves which can only be an encouraging sign.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 12:10:28 PM »
Jason Field as plays regulary for the reserves.

orangecoat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
and stuart whitaker - when he gets back from injury after North Hykeham nearly broke his ankle with a despicable tackle -