Author Topic: not a bad start then?  (Read 6227 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
not a bad start then?
« on: December 17, 2016, 05:18:57 PM »
1-1.....on paper a good result...

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: not a bad start then?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 05:41:38 PM »
Excellent start according to the commentary  8)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 05:48:20 PM »
 Early days ..
  Could debate , at some stage ..old motivation/coaching  v  new motivation/coaching ..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 06:38:50 PM »
Early days ..
  Could debate , at some stage ..old motivation/coaching  v  new motivation/coaching ..

Early days ,  that what AM implied on radio .   Does,nt like people moaning ,  suggesting that he will be happy to discuss complaints face to face .     

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 07:00:47 PM »
Early days ..

Early days ,  that what AM implied on radio .   Does,nt like people moaning ,  suggesting that he will be happy to discuss complaints face to face .   

He'll be just the man to put a few of the fans in place here then lol.  :laugh: :laugh:

Now, as for todays result. Points dropped after leading, or a point gained ??  I know one thing, had this match, and result, been under the last manager it would have seen far more people moaning that it was points dropped, that we can't score many goals, and that we are still going down !  Yet now, under a new manager with still virtually the same players on the pitch the attitude towards them has changed.  Rightly so, but it still makes me laugh as how some people can change their stances so quickly about the team and individual players, lol.   :bunny

Joking apart, i expected a loss today so for me it was a point gained and if we can move a few more underachievers out, and get one or two in with this level of experience or higher i can see us climbing the league.  We was never going to be going down, and we will move on upwards so keep up the good support folks and lets keep the new manager and players off our social media apps. Let them do their jobs and we'll reap the rewards.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 07:03:50 PM »
Agreed

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 08:58:18 PM »
Never going to go down???

Halfway in and we have 22 points... will be surprised if 44 us enough to stay up. Not won in ages, lost so many winning positions away from home it's untrue

Much more solid today though even if up top we didn't create much against what's tended to be a shaky back 4

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 09:21:48 PM »
 Yea a draw a game is not good , but one could point to hopeful improvement under new management .
     Hopefully more meaningful rebuilding .
 Though sadly too many loanees..

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 09:28:02 PM »
Can't wait until Tuesday night, lets hope that everyone gives Adam a warm welcome to York Street  :rudolph

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 09:54:08 PM »
Worcester at 13th are only one point ahead .
  But Bostons goal difference ,which hasn't changed,  is the worry .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 10:13:17 PM »

Halfway in and we have 22 points... will be surprised if 44 us enough to stay up. Not won in ages, lost so many winning positions away from home it's untrue

Much more solid today though even if up top we didn't create much against what's tended to be a shaky back 4

I believe so Josh. There are four to five teams worse than us this season, which unless they improve considerably will keep us up.  That would be Alty, Staly, Shitboro Alfreton & another would be Telford.  I think we have enough about us to be safe in this league.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 11:47:31 PM »
We haven't played Gainsborough yet, but Alty/Staly look doomed (Alty didn't look too bad against us in fairness). Telford are poor, can't comment on PA/Alfreton. Worcester/FCUM/Nuneaton not much better hence the large gap from 10th to 12th

Still work to be done. Poor Xmas/January and we could be in the shite

Hopefully though we can get some positivity back ironic given my post). Get some momentum and a solid foundation of a team ready to recruit in the summer. Get the fans back on side too

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 07:51:51 AM »

If you doubled every teams points 44 would be enough. 46 was enough last season it's very unlikely it'll get that high this season. Far to many teams that can't get a result. BPA will pull clear though imo

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 10:15:13 AM »
We haven't played Gainsborough yet, but Alty/Staly look doomed (Alty didn't look too bad against us in fairness). Telford are poor, can't comment on PA/Alfreton. Worcester/FCUM/Nuneaton not much better hence the large gap from 10th to 12th

Still work to be done. Poor Xmas/January and we could be in the shite

Hopefully though we can get some positivity back ironic given my post). Get some momentum and a solid foundation of a team ready to recruit in the summer. Get the fans back on side too

Agree particularly with your last paragraph Josh and would point everyone to this mornings NLP containing a very in depth interview with Adam Murray. After yesterdays much more organised performance it certainly leads me to believe that there was some positivity shown even at this early stage, and also his enthusiasm and ambition for the club and how he will go about building it's future on and off the field, if read by the fans it is worthy of them getting right behind him and the club, I really do feel we have the right man to rebuild this this club.