Author Topic: Sleaford Town Res V Boston Utd Res  (Read 4195 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Sleaford Town Res V Boston Utd Res
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:57:34 PM »
A good 3-1 win for the Pilgrims second string,three first half goals did the damage.. Jordan Nuttell (1) and James Reed (2) the scorers.. Nuts goal was a looping header over the keeper whereas Reeds two were shots into the bottom corner... Played at a very high tempo too feet whereas ST looked long down the channels.. Sleaford's goal came in the final throws of the game,corner headed in just inside the post (my main gripe is why no body takes up a position on the posts at corners)...

Some good play and a few new faces for the Reserves and a deserved win,referee was consistent in his inconsistency,booking Boston for fouls but not taking any action when Sleaford did the same challenge...

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sleaford Town Res V Boston Utd Res
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:52:08 AM »
hi CR/NEIL well done, can you tell us whats  changed ; that allowed REED to play for reserves this season and not last season.
            ( or have I got it all wrong)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »
No idea mate,MB was there so perhaps they just wanted him to get some game time and up his fitness,other than that I am clueless :D

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »
He couldnt play last season due to being on a contract. I assume he must now be on non contract terms therefore he will be permitted to play for reserves. Makes perfect sense to me as hes a talented lad but maybe not quite ready for regular football at conference north level.

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 01:49:40 PM »
Reedy is allowed because links league now allow contract players to play in lincs league, same applies for players at any team who may be contracted for example Cleethorpes town res gainsborough or Lincoln utd not just bufc res.

it means now for example if ian was coming back from an injury he could have match time in the lincs league

a win win situation all round I feel

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 01:52:35 PM »
my English in the last post was poor........... you can tell I was in a rush,  hope the point has come across though about contract players being allowed to playing the Lincolnshire league by the Lincolnshire league committee for this season

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United - best ground in Step 7 football!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 05:40:32 PM »
Pleased that Lincolnshire League have reversed their ruling from last season about Contracted players. Helps us out no end!
On a different note, I see that the Club's Official Site is a little out of date in respect of the Reserves page. Hope this is brought up-to-date asap! :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 04:05:46 PM »
see a familiar name came on for us ( joby gowshall)

name sake or the return of a legend.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »
Pleased that Lincolnshire League have reversed their ruling from last season about Contracted players. Helps us out no end!
On a different note, I see that the Club's Official Site is a little out of date in respect of the Reserves page. Hope this is brought up-to-date asap! :bunny
I'm guessing you're happy now...

http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/reserves-open-with-three-point-1021211.html

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »
see a familiar name came on for us ( joby gowshall)

name sake or the return of a legend.

If it's the same Joby Gowshall he must be getting on a bit now!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
38 years old...