Author Topic: today!  (Read 12721 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: today!
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 08:19:09 PM »
Personally, I would tell the manager to get it sorted forthwith! Win against Gloucester, thus removing the threat of relegation from the Club, and you have until the end of the season and then your contract will be reassessed. Lose and you're out the door...and I don't expect you to take any pay-off either!

Thanks mate of GD!!!! Mmmm....!  Unbelievable!  8)

You've been shown for who you are, and it's not just GD's mate! Time now to go I think  8) Best now before your cover is blown!  :dan
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 08:32:38 PM »
Would go even further and say that that was an appalling display, considering it was a match of crucial significance as far as removing any real threat of relegation was concerned. For a BSN team to bring 5 supporters with them to a Saturday match is bad enough but to then lose to that team is much worse. If the Chairman was to give the manager his cards tonight no-one could possibly have any argument with it, and I would also be extremely embarrassed to take any 'contractual' pay-off to boot if I was the manager!  :-[

Sorry argieh ,  but like most of  your pals team selection today you,ve named the wrong man !!! :dan

Disgraceful, you come on here  and post like that! Unbelievable  8) Bit late old chap to try and succour anyone's favour here.  :o  Seems to me we need to be rid of this patronising nonsense from you and your like.  8)  Far too late to try and assimilate yourself with the proper fans, don't you think?   ??? The attempt at taking any moral high ground is pathetic, frankly, you should go first!  8)
You read into it what you want to read into it, ghm, but I despair if that's the way you think! Pathetic  ::) ::)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 09:41:43 PM »
Whilst todays performance was woeful it will change little as we wont get promoted or relegated this season so we may as well give Drury until the end of the season to see if he lives up to any of his promises whilst some of his signings look very poor e.g Walker some show promise such as Lister and Foster and Smith in spells. Does anyone know what sort of contract he is on as IF he was sacked he may not need paying off as Lee and Canners were only on month to month deals.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 09:55:09 PM »
Walker never showed any promise in my opinion! Just get rid of drury now and promote within until the end of the season.Hes already lost 99% of the crowds support.Why should the paying public suffer anymore with his stupid formations/tactics?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »
Walker never showed any promise in my opinion! Just get rid of drury now and promote within until the end of the season.Hes already lost 99% of the crowds support.Why should the paying public suffer anymore with his stupid formations and tactics?

I said Foster and Smith showed promise KNO not Walker. Got to agree tactics wise left back on the wing, right back on the left, was considering running a sweepstake when Ward was getting ready to come as it was anyones guess where he was going to play. Just incase Drury is capable of turning it around (I know some minds are already made up) the next couple of months should be his chance to define his future.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 10:12:08 PM »
Sorry Carl! Bit wind up tonight after watching the game!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »
To me Smith played like a player who could not get a place in a struggling UNIBOND team .

Concerns about Watt coming back after 10 card ban , then getting carded first game back .
Foster gets a yellow prior to a ban for 10 card ban , and today looked like a red card waiting to happen .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 12:56:33 AM »
Whilst todays performance was woeful it will change little as we wont get promoted or relegated this season so we may as well give Drury until the end of the season to see if he lives up to any of his promises whilst some of his signings look very poor e.g Walker some show promise such as Lister and Foster and Smith in spells. Does anyone know what sort of contract he is on as IF he was sacked he may not need paying off as Lee and Canners were only on month to month deals.

I'll agree with you on Lister and I think Watt is decent, but Foster is not good enough. Before he came to us I think he was at Sheffield  FC in the evo stik and as far as I can see that is his level. You can maybe pluck some youngsters out of a league below and make something of them but, if you are a 30 year old playing at that level it's probably because your not good enough to play any higher.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 07:18:24 AM »
I didn't post last night as i wanted to calm down a bit first. But just woke up and unfortunately I haven't, and worse to the extent that when Mrs G enquires about her breakfast which by tradition I always take to her in bed on a Sunday she can bloody sing!

Thats what yesterday did for me. It was as shocking a game of football and arguably the worse performance by our team that I have seen in seasons, and whislt I still am not calling for our managers head, if he were to be sacked now I for one would not be in the slightest bit bothered

Someone questioned in the week the ability of Drury to motivate his troops and I stuck up for him but after watching 90 minutes of what I can only describe as spinless football, let me back track with haste on that

I also mentioned in another post that some of his disciples using their freindship could perhaps give us some more details, some more insight behind some of GD's decisions, well following on from that I would love to find out what shape they were meant to be playing yesterday and also why some players were picked in some rather wierd and unexpected positions.

That not withstanding a further explanation perhaps of what merits, what he thought the attributes were of many of the players he has signed thus far, that convinced him it was a sensible thing to do in the first place because I am now of the opinion that most appear to be obscenely mediocre.

Only when this has been explained to me can Mrs G expect my breakfast duties to go back to normal service. Boy I am angry
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:20:05 AM by B Grimes »

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »
Just another point to throw in the melting pot.
IMO for what it's worth Vauxhall Motors were one of the worst teams I've seen at York Street.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 11:07:21 AM »
Just another point to throw in the melting pot.
IMO for what it's worth Vauxhall Motors were one of the worst teams I've seen at York Street.

Altrincham/Chester aside, all the sides have been dross this year. Gainsborough is the only decent performance I've seen under Drury and I get feeling the 300 Pilgrims roaring them on was the motivation the team needed for that one.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »
I seem to recall JL left because he used players out of position and was tactically not very good which resulted in rubbish performances, not because the players were all bad. GD comes in and uses players in daft positions and lacks in tactical nouse but has also reduced the quality of players in the side. He, IMO, is therefore worse than JL. Losing at home to VM, very low point of the season.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 11:37:50 AM »
I can't quite belive I am saying this, but I really hope Corys poor run continues througout March, because if i doesn't there is a possibility that we could bewalking near that dreaded quick sand. Just the thought of it makes me twitchy!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 01:19:32 PM »
I seem to recall JL left because he used players out of position and was tactically not very good which resulted in rubbish performances, not because the players were all bad. GD comes in and uses players in daft positions and lacks in tactical nouse but has also reduced the quality of players in the side. He, IMO, is therefore worse than JL. Losing at home to VM, very low point of the season.

On the plus side we can hook Graham up the the National Grid and with his flailing arms he will power the floodlights on Tuesday night, saving the club cash, now that attendances are down.

I'm still trying to be a happy clapper.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:27:11 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 01:48:41 PM »
Think it may be a time before Mrs G resumes having breakfast in bed on a Sunday .

If in the 10 matches remaining we achieve the same amount of points as we have in the last 10 it will mean we finish the season on 41 points .....     Any team below us at the moment apart from the bottom two may well finish with a better total than that.     Not looking good Mrs G  :(

Not wanting to be all doom and gloom lets look at what may well happen .
Earlier in the season I predicted one or to clubs would drop out of the league at end of season regardless of league position , still confident that at least one will thus giving a reprieve to 3rd bottom team .   Good news for Mrs G maybe . :)