Author Topic: Half Season Tickets  (Read 4113 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Half Season Tickets
« on: December 10, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »
I see these are now available for the final 11 home matches of the season.

At £135 for an adult Fantasy Island ticket, I don't think these represent very good value for money (£12.27 per game as opposed to £14), considering we don't really have anything to play for.

I'm not quite sure how the BUFC Marketing team have convinced themselves that this will be a winner.

DL

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Half Season Tickets
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »
DL  I was offered a 20 match one for £80!

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »
What an appalling piece of marketing! 

I am sure that current season ticket holders will feel pretty fed up with this initiative.

Next season I suggest prospective season ticket holders all bide their time before buying a season ticket and get one in the sales (which will inevitably come if everyone holds out for long enough).

Uncle Scrooge Scouse :xmasdeer
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »

I am sure that current season ticket holders will feel pretty fed up with this initiative.

Next season I suggest prospective season ticket holders all bide their time before buying a season ticket and get one in the sales (which will inevitably come if everyone holds out for long enough).

What a ridiculous post.
Boston United are no different from any other organisation that is trying to sell more of their product.
However I don't think the offer is particularly good value anyway.

Have you never been on a holiday in which you have paid for it well in advance only to find out that others booked at the last minute and paid far less? 

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 06:37:11 PM »

What a ridiculous post.
Boston United are no different from any other organisation that is trying to sell more of their product.
However I don't think the offer is particularly good value anyway.

Have you never been on a holiday in which you have paid for it well in advance only to find out that others booked at the last minute and paid far less?

Zeus would be so proud of you, dear Artemis.  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 06:44:24 PM »
I bet a certain Boston department store has a sale after Christmas as well.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »
I bet a certain Boston department store has a sale after Christmas as well.

At their prices they should have a year round sale it's Lincolnshire not London ...I saw the packed car park a couple of weeks ago when I went past...must be eating into the cash flow keeping an empty building like that....sort it out Mark !

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 08:46:15 PM »
Full season tickets are still better value if bought at early bird rates  :santa

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 10:53:57 AM »
I seem to have a ruffled a few feathers from amongst the happy clappers!

And as for sales how innocent you all are!  Sales are not what they seem! They are merely a device to make you think you are buying a higher priced good at a cheaper rate.  Stores buy in stuff price it higher than they ever intend to sell it and then mark it down and call it a sale!

Stupid boys (to coin Captain Mainwaring) :xmashat
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:03:08 AM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 11:01:11 AM »

[/quote]

No.  I only buy flights and the opposite happens. Prices are much cheaper when you book well in advance ::)   Google Easyjet and Ryanair and be amazed!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 11:40:42 AM »
Example-: Damart coat bought in December (from the big shop in town) £90. Same coat in January £75. Decision-: Took coat back (said someone had already purchased one for Xmas) sent in someone else to purchase the coat. Conclusion saved £15. Yes some shops do buy in sales gear and have massive sales that start at 5 in the morning, but I would hope most sensible people give those a miss.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 12:27:21 PM »
Example-: Damart coat bought in December (from the big shop in town) £90. Same coat in January £75. Decision-: Took coat back (said someone had already purchased one for Xmas) sent in someone else to purchase the coat. Conclusion saved £15. Yes some shops do buy in sales gear and have massive sales that start at 5 in the morning, but I would hope most sensible people give those a miss.

Good for you Tash.  I like a shop that does not quibble even with costly customers!   :xmashat
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:35:40 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »

Good for you Tash.  I like a shop that does not quibble even with costly customers!   :xmashat

Thank you Scouse, common ground at last. Merry Xmas :xmasdeer
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »
Enjoy it while it lasts Tash.  Bonhommie is an ephemeral state of affairs in the land of Scouse!

Yuletide felicitations to you and your brethren all the same  :santa