Author Topic: RE: Staylybridge .  (Read 9085 times)

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Staylybridge .
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 05:28:21 PM »
Great result! Sounds like we Played really well! With regards to the 2 suspensions and jones may still be injured, we could bring a good striker in on loan, but don't forget we still have charlie sanders and Korey DS who could bring something to the team. They are young and don't have much experience at this level, but sanders has been doing well this season in the youth and both been doing well in the reserves and maybe even Nuttel. It's still an option if we need it, and it's their chance to show what they can do! even though eventually and deservingly so Stoke was back playing it's also a chance for him to show the gaffer what he can do and hopefully cement a place in the team.

Asking these young players to play in place of SWD and Ben Fairclough is like asking  Tom Ward and N Stainfield to play in the Championship, both pair of players are doing ok in their level of football, but try to play them in a league which is out of their class is not fair on the said players, surely our present incumbent of a manager can bring some loan players into the squad to cover for the suspended players,  other teams in this BSN with lower gates and supposedly lower budgets are refreshing their squads with loan and available players to fit their managers system of play.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 05:48:17 PM »
Totally agree ceamboy! It's not fair to put these players into a local derby game! What I've seen of Sanders I would sooner see Jason Lee upfront on Saturday.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
Adam Boyd would be a decent stop gap.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 09:09:56 PM »
Too far to travel? What's Drew Broughton doing nowadays!

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
Too far to travel? What's Drew Broughton doing nowadays!

:-\

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »
Adam Boyd has gone to Lincoln!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 01:10:48 PM »
How utterly frustrating are this current side.........?

Superb result, that goes without saying.
Agreed on both counts. Great to finally see us not only get a result but beat Stalybridge at their place. Despite them having the lion's share of possession they had virtually no clear cut chances. Their pen and a great stop at the end by Danny are all I can recall. It was still nervy given how we usually leak late goals there but they mostly had long range efforts. We however had plenty of good chances and on another day would have won by a much greater margin.

We played a good 40 minutes at Oxford, between them scoring the first and half time...

Bishop's Stortford has been the only 90 minute poor away performance so far.

Would also agree with this. IMO the first half against Oxford we where much the better team throughout. Second half was a horror show though. Stortford was abysmal, plenty of possession but their keeper didn't make 1 single save. They are, again IMO, the worst side we've played this season.

If we could have hung on for draws in the 2 home games against Worcester and Workington (where late goals have beaten us) and scored that late pen at BPA we would now be looking at 1 point off the play-offs with a game in hand and only 3 defeats. It's still small margins that seem to be costing the team. A couple of big weeks to come, get positive results against Gainsborough and Guisely, with on paper much weaker teams to play up until Christmas and despite all those losses we can still mount a challenge (even though I wrote that off only last week!!!). Then there's obviously the trophy were a home draw has given us a good chance of progression.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 06:57:19 PM »
Adam Boyd has gone to Lincoln!
Only on trial.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »
What confused me is why JL played Jones and Newsham in last two games. If they had got injured/sent off - then where we have been???

Jones had an injury scare, but sounds like he will make it.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »
Indeed, why play your better players?!

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 09:18:54 AM »
The point is P86, that we had SWD and Fairclough available for those games. We still therefore had two attacking players to play up front. Admittedly Fairclough is not a" front man", but an attacking player all the same.

Jones and Newsham could have been protected from potential injury/suspension by being subs. We have had a scare with Jones already. Would you want us to go into those three games for which SWD and Fairclough are suspended with only KDS and Sanders up front?

I'm hoping that Newsham and Jones stay fit for these three games, but Jones was clearly a concern last week.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 11:12:56 AM »
I'm not saying its the correct decision to include the young strikers in the squad, I was pointing out it is a last Min option if we desperately need it, but I agree with you all that bringing in a loan player is the much better option.

John C

• View Profile