Author Topic: DG ready to axe trialists  (Read 2299 times)

bostontarget.co.uk

• View Profile
DG ready to axe trialists
« on: July 22, 2014, 03:41:43 PM »
Pilgrims boss Dennis Greene admitted time is running out for his trialists after they failed to impress during the 4-1 defeat to a Nottingham Forest XI.

Read more: http://www.bostontarget.co.uk/Dennis-Greene-ready-axe-Boston-United-trialists/story-21741733-detail/story.html#ixzz38Cz8ZCWW

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: DG ready to axe trialists
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:35:44 PM »
Few of the trialists have proved their worth. At the same time always worth having a look.

Hall was fantastic last season and I am hoping he signs and reproduces that form over 40+ games next season.
Cole was ok and maybe worth another game at Lincoln United but tried several crosses and most were over hit, also had a bit of a heavy touch.
Gledhil game on once Forest ran out of steam abit and didn't have much to do and is worth another look.
Can't work out which one was Hollingworth and Meadows out of 18 and 19, seen both play a few times and struggled a bit with putting names to faces this preseason with so many players used but which ever one was 18 last night has been decent ish in a couple of games and worth another game Wed, the other needs to go.
Watson was superb first half against Spalding and if we are to play Garner (had a good game last night and I am believing he could be a 9) up front then there may be room for him in squad.

Rest have had their chance and not been up to it.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 06:06:18 PM »
I agree, generally the crop of 'trialists' haven't set the world alight have they. I think 7,8 will be gone before Saturday and possibly from he team we start he season with maybe another 3 or 4 in the squad wont make it until he end of September, happened last year, will happen this. Interesting reading DG comments including Hall, who whilst really playing well when here last time, didn't grab his moment last night either did he. Perhaps like others he's got one more chance tomorrow

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 06:47:27 PM »
I agree the trialists failed to impress last night but I cannot understand why Jake Hall is being tarred with the same brush, He was playing that first half with a poor bunch but was still the only one challenging in midfield and worked his socks off box to box with little support from the others. Last season he was being compared to Churchy with his style of play and should be judged when playing with the first team squad. In my opinion he would be fist choice in midfield and would prove himself through the season.

BradHealy24

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »
any chance axing Sanders aswell, awful!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 07:37:57 PM »
Maybe once we get rid of a few of our trialists, we might pick up one or two more who haven't made the grade at L2/Conference level?