Author Topic: Agree with canners  (Read 3045 times)

shinnster

• View Profile
Agree with canners
« on: September 12, 2011, 10:01:23 AM »
Just seen the post match vid of what cannars had to say,and fair play to him I agree with everything he has said,these two managers have been there as players they are not stupid and do know what they have to do,by the sounds of what cannars was saying heads are on the block this week and so players need to step up or there out,well said cannars I for one are behind you 100% onwards and upwards. :D ;D :D

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Agree with canners
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 10:19:08 AM »
Craig did say on United Live last week that they were trying to get a striker in,sometimes I wonder whether we are hampered by what happened in Fraudsters era and whether players are put off by this and won't sign...

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 12:09:21 PM »
Sounds like Danny wasn't that impressed with the performance on Saturday either, from what he had to say in his interview.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
Yes I watched dannys vid as well and yes he is not happy at all,not with the fans or club but the way things are on the pitch,and canners did say they looking to bring someone in on loan but only on a free not fee.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »
 I think players realise that the Evans era is a thing of the past .   More likely to be put off by the prospect of abuse from home fans when having a off day.

bronco

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 05:06:48 PM »
I for one am fed up with the abuse players get even before they heve a reasonable chance to get into the game , but on saturday i had to vent my digust at the managers because they were not a team but eleven individuals and that can only be J.L. and L.C.,s fault

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 09:40:26 PM »
...................THE MANAGERS NEED TO LOOK AT THEMSELVES.................

>how difficult is it to see that week in week out we are outgunned in the midfield department because we only seem to play two in the middle whilst other reams,such as VM and SM ,play four in there.

>how difficult is it to see that Newsham is perhaps our best attacker,but we always seem to play him wide left.

>how diificult is it to see that Semple is perhaps our best outlet when counter attacking,but we never seem to pass the ball to him.

>how difficult is it to see that Stones and Suarez dont work together as a unit upfront.

>how difficult is it to see that some of our players aint match fit.

>how difficult is it to see that our two fullbacks are too lightweight.

I COULD GO ON........

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 01:21:32 PM »
Johnny, some good points.  From what I've seen, the main problems seem to be the system/formation we are trying to play and general fitness.  But I don't agree with all your points.

Newsham scored most of his goals two years ago from the left side - after the first few games that season he was almost exclusively used wide left.  He might be the best goalscorer we've got, but he has not always impressed when playing as an out and out striker.  He certainly needs to play alongside an effective target man if he's going to play up front, as it never seemed to work on the rare occasions he partnered SWD up front.

Semple should be an outlet for the counter attack but after a good pre-season he doesn't seem to be playing well - whether that's the effect of his injury or just inconsistency, I don't know (he never was as consistent as Yates imho). 

Fullbacks too lightweight?  No-one said that about Jelleyman last year, when he was one of our better players.  Not seen enough of Fairclough to judge but from what I've seen his main problem seems to be distribution - and you can apply that across the whole back 5, but how much is down to not having options to pass to?