Author Topic: Jamie Yates says leaving Boston for Gainsborough was a 'hard decision'  (Read 9007 times)

LPRA

• View Profile
How on earth can a club like Tinpot Trinity pay better wages than us? Are we putting all our incoming cash into servicing the debt? Or is their chairman putting in a lot more than he gets back from 300 ghouls coming through the gates?  :o

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I think it's more likely to be the latter.  Swann is one of those Chairmen who's happy to throw money around even it may have a negative effect on the long-term financial security of the club.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
If you work for Tesco and get offered a similar job at Sainsburys up the road for twice the money, hands up all those who would turn the offer down.........anyone?

Bit of bullsh!t from Jamie in the article, but he's made the choice that anyone else in his position would take.   

flynny69

• View Profile
If you work for Tesco and get offered a similar job at Sainsburys up the road for twice the money, hands up all those who would turn the offer down.........anyone?

I'd definitely join Sainsburys for twice the money, we all would. Its not like you're dropping down a division, if you were offered a similar job at Morrisons then thats a different story.  They would have to pay me three times as much money, just to wear that uniform.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I would go but id abmit y i went id just say i came to this shithole cos they pay well and football has nothing to do with it

Swampy

• View Profile
and that would go down well with your new fans and employer wouldn't it?

LPRA

• View Profile
and that would go down well with your new fans wouldn't it?

I shouldn't worry mate. There's only 26 of them  ;)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Bit of bullsh!t from Jamie in the article, but he's made the choice that anyone else in his position would take.   

My hands are up, I turned one down that payed around 3k more than my current,  And one about a year ago that payed around 2k more,

My life is happy and not dictated by greed.

And before anyone says i must have a bit i have nowt. but im bloody loyel and happy

John C

• View Profile
I'm told he works for his dad's firm in Sheffield (making spirit levels apparently) but I've no idea how the business is doing - maybe he needs the extra money.

As others have said I can't blame him for going but I'm possibly more disappointed than most. I know he never went past anyone but he did win a lot of free kicks in not doing so and he was a good crosser too. How many of Pearson's goals came from Yates' corners? So thanks Jamie and good luck...

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
Always thought he was level headed ;D

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
I thought the bubble had burst in the spirit level business.