Author Topic: Reserves V Swineshead  (Read 2910 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reserves V Swineshead
« on: October 29, 2010, 04:27:52 PM »
Who else is making the short trip to see the reserves tomorrow afternoon?? Myself and the lad will be there to see another,hopefully,good game and another three points :)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves V Swineshead
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »
considering it, havnt got a clue where it is thou

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 04:45:20 PM »
OH MY GOODNESS!
I hope you don't mean where is Swineshead.
My relatives in Swineshead will be amazed. It is the centre of the universe.
Head to Beechams roundabout , hang a right, go past Stanhope's gaff, then do a right into the stadium drive.
Someone once said Mr Evans should have gone to the Institute but I don't think he meant the one at Swineshead.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 04:45:36 PM »

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 05:18:47 PM »
Don't be late as car parking is at a minimum and you better take refreshments otherwise it's a long walk to the shop  ;D

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »
Should be a good game tomorrow. Swineshead have stepped up to the Lincs League for the first time this season, and have a really good start.They are a decent young side with the Houghton brothers being 2 of their stand out players along with lively forward Stukins.
I really do applaud local sides like Swineshead who have taken the plunge and looked to improve both on the pitch and off it. A few years ago they built a new changing room complex which also includes a bar ...which should get some use tomorrow!
You can always be a big fish in a little sea, but Swineshead have been brave and taken the step ...I hope they are brave enough to stay in the league for a few years to come. The problem they will always have though is that any of the players that are doing well will probably be poached by UCL clubs offering a little bit of money. That is football, and sometimes that is players ....moving from club to club for an extra £10 here or £10 there. None of the United Reserve team players are paid, they have come to the club to try and improve and hopefully push for a chance of getting onto the fringes of the first team squad ....just like Harry Deane, the two young keepers, Ricky Drury and Andy Hewitt, and centre half Tom Ward have done already.
Some of Steve Welsh's lads are outstanding young players, lads like Scott Dawson, Jack Carter, John Vousden and Stuart Whitaker to name but a few and have hopefully got a good future at the club and eventually a football league career in them. But first we have to nurture them in the Reserve set up, and introduce then to mens football.
Support these lads by turning up at The Jakemans Stadium to support them, and even have a trip down to Swineshead tomorrow! We need your support to keep the Reserve side going, not only this season but in the future.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 06:30:46 PM »
Attended all home reserve matches and looking at the fixture list I may well attend a few away matches too (Sleaford is a deffo seeing as I live a mile from there stadium lol).. Good football being played and a never say die attitude too ..

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »
I am going to have a look at the Reseves down at Swineshead tomorrow afternoon, it has been a few years since I last watched a game at Swineshead, hopefully it will be as entertaining as the other games have been. does anyone no if there is a charge? lets try and take a good few down to cheer the lads on.