Author Topic: SMS Text Alerts  (Read 3362 times)

Spa Pilgrim

• View Profile
SMS Text Alerts
« on: August 09, 2010, 01:52:25 PM »
Anyone recommend the best non-internet text alert service for United this season? Livescores.co.uk appears to be no more! Ta

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: SMS Text Alerts
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »
Ask a freind, its what i have to do mate as i havnt found any that was well up with the games for years

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 06:50:06 PM »
Ask a freind, its what i have to do mate as i havnt found any that was well up with the games for years

Indeed - this is what seems to happen when Boston score a goal nowadays.  ;D

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 07:09:16 PM »
In fairness Ken, I was putting my phone back together - it had fallen out of my pocket during the celebrations... and thanks for showing off my receding hairline!

To the OP, a good bet is to sign up to Twitter. You don't have to 'tweet' anything yourself, or give anything about yourself away, but if you 'follow' either Craig Singleton or Scott Dalton (links below) then you can adjust your settings to receive their 'tweets' (often match updates) straight to your mobile for free.

http://twitter.com/craigsingleton
http://twitter.com/scottydalton

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 08:45:32 PM »

Can anyone recommend a good value mobile phone package? I've got a "pay as you go" phone, but I'm no longer convinced it offers the best value for providing score updates - particularly given the current trend towards nine-goal away games!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:46 AM »

Can anyone recommend a good value mobile phone package? I've got a "pay as you go" phone, but I'm no longer convinced it offers the best value for providing score updates - particularly given the current trend towards nine-goal away games!

Vodaphone I pay £8.51 per month plus vat for 100 mins and 500 texts to any network.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »

Vodaphone I pay £8.51 per month plus vat for 100 mins and 500 texts to any network.

You'll struggle this month if we carry on with 9 goal thrillers!
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.