Author Topic: Happy Chestnut Day!  (Read 2415 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Happy Chestnut Day!
« on: July 04, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »
3 years to the day since THAT press conference.  A fitting time to once again show our appreciation and thanks to David Newton and Neil Kempster, and those who fought to keep the club running that summer.

http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/1118283/Press-conference-in-full

Also interesting to note that under the original CVA we would have emerged from it just recently. Those three years did go very quickly.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 08:55:09 PM by Patrick »

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Chestnut Day!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 09:13:12 PM »
still remember the relief of getting home and seeing that, celebrating with a cold beer and waiting to see what happened considering the club was days from dissapearing. Dave and Neil coming in and saving the club that day made them heroes and rightly so, they still are and forever will be, still paying off the clubs debts and keeping us steady and above board. building up a good reputation which was tainted during the previous regime

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 08:42:13 AM »
The only Independance (Breaking with the previous regime and guaranteeing our continuance) that really matters on the 4th of July

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:52:02 PM »
I was invited to that press conference and honestly thought that it was to see the club go out of existence. Never have I been so emotional as when I came out and was asked for an interview by BBC Look North, I really had to have a few minutes to compose myself before calling David and Neil knights in shining armour.
They still are and will always be so come on the Lads lets take the next step of making their and our dreams come true.